Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Share
    avatar
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

    Female Number of posts : 450
    Location : Elsewhere. ^^'
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-04-29

    Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by Labakittie on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 8:46 am

    Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan-Made Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?


    It's a popular argument used by the more hardcore SNSD fans, the means by which they dismiss any negative arguments (however factual) against SNSD: Should the person have gotten their info from an anti-fan site or forum, it absolutely is NOT to be believed.


    "Anti-fans lie!"

    "They probably made it up!"

    "They're biased against SNSD so they probably just wrote the stuff that would make SNSD look bad and left out the positive stuff!"



    Even people who purport to be neutral tend to lean towards this ideology. After all, persons with such a negative view of a particular person or group can't be trusted to keep their commentary from slanting or their facts straight...right?


    Facts make Antis....


    Despite being common knowledge at this point, it's worth repeating: Not every anti is one because of something as simple (and petty) as jealousy. As a matter of fact, you couldn't even define such a person as an anti. It's not is if they oppose the person(s) they anti for any reason other than self-hatred and or envy.

    If you ask a lot of SNSD antis why they feel the way they do, the answer generally has nothing to do with physical appearances or the idea that their favorite male idol might think they're cute.

    What pushed these people to anti status?

    Seeing and learning of SNSD's undesirable behavior and attitudes, as well as how they were marketed, despite being meant to represent a young generation of girls.

    So basically we have people who are antis because of, well, facts. That is, things that can be backed up with actual evidence: Events, video, audio, photographs, quotes.

    Now, if we have these people who have declared themselves to be antis based off of what cannot be denied, and what can actually be proven, how can you say that the information off which they based their decisions was made up BY the person(s) after the fact?


    Denial Makes Fangirls and Fanboys....


    Everyone knows of at least one fangirl or fanboy who only wants to hear positive things about the artist or group they idolize, however SNSD fangirls and fanboys seem to have made deflection of negativity an <b>art form</b>.

    Anytime there is a negative event or controversy, the pattern is always the same:

    1.) Downplay it and accuse others of overreacting.
    2.) Blame someone else, even if it's not their fault.
    3.) Bring up someone else who is "worse", as if that excuses everything.

    The key word for this type of behavior is denial. This defense mechanism acts to "protect" the person from something they are incapable of handling; they will deny and deny, regardless of the fact that what they are denying is the cold hard truth. So then, these patterns are themselves representative of people who cannot accept the truth for what it is, and need to shelter themselves from it by pretending that what they are seeing is NOT what they are seeing.

    If such a person must employ defense mechanisms in order to protect themselves from the truth, it's quite possible they would rather buy into false, fan-made propaganda than accept anything that conflicts with their own view of reality.

    "Taeyeon made a racist statement!" becomes "Taeyeon didn't actually say that, you're interpreting it wrong!"

    "Tiffany was rude and inconsiderate!" becomes "Tiffany was raised in America, and that's how they act so it's not her fault!"

    "SNSD had massive plastic surgery." becomes "SNSD members are natural beauties! People are making that up!"

    And on and on and on.



    Who's Afraid of the Big Bad TRUTH?


    What we have here is a failure to communicate two groups of people: One group that became anti-fans when faced with negative facts, and another group that is forced into a state of denial when confronted with those same facts.

    When you consider this, it shouldn't make much sense to dismiss the anti-fan waving facts in the air in favor of the fangirl who can only address "positive" things, and reject "negative" truth.

    And so, the next time you see someone question, or maybe you yourself question (because I know not everyone lurking here is an anti) the source if it hails from an anti-site, just ask yourself: Who has more to gain or lose in the face of yet another SNSD controversy? Who is more likely to investigate and research or play it down and deny the truth of it? And who is more likely to LIE to convince you that what happened is true or not true?

    Really think about it.







    Cool
    avatar
    yoomi
    Super Anti

    Female Number of posts : 323
    Age : 27
    Location : Cassiopeia ♥
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2008-12-10

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by yoomi on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 11:03 am

    Labakittie wrote:"They're biased against SNSD so they probably just wrote the stuff that would make SNSD look bad and left out the positive stuff!"

    Honestly speaking, we don't make them look bad. SNSD makes themselves look bad.

    Labakittie wrote:
    Facts make Antis....

    Exactly. If people simply anti-ed them out of jealousy, then other artists should have had more antis than them. BoA, for example, has so many pictures and videos as proof on how close she is to some of the DBSK boys, but why don't people anti her as much as they anti SNSD? If people were envious of SNSD's so-called "beauty," then shouldn't Kim Taehee or Song Hyegyo be the most hated artist in Korea? If jealousy was the basis, how do you explain the antis who are non-fans of those artists who seem to be close to SNSD then? How do you explain male antis?

    We're not antis of SNSD out of nothing. You ask us "what's with the hate;" we present you facts; you accuse us of lying. I seriously don't get why they insist that we're spreading lies when the source is right there flashing in their faces.

    Denial Makes Fangirls and Fanboys....

    In the psychological perspective, denial is relatively normal. We all deny something at certain points in our lives because it helps us cope with rather unbearable things that would hurt the ego. However, it gets psychologically unhealthy when we use this defense mechanism too much, to the point that it becomes noticeably consistent and extreme even when the truth is right in front of our very eyes. It gets disturbing when it becomes, as Labakittie puts it, an art form. In the case of sones, that is exactly what they're doing, especially those who lurk here in STAND.

    It's quite understandable if they refuse to believe in a piece of anti-fan news coming from STAND or other anti-site at first. Of course, 'cause they're fans. But when they start stalking this site and gets bombarded with facts at every encounter but still refuse to admit to the truth, then that's downright unhealthy denial. Can you blame us then for coining the term "insone?"

    Anyway, once again, claps for you Labakittie dear ^^ I so love your articles ♥
    avatar
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

    Female Number of posts : 450
    Location : Elsewhere. ^^'
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-04-29

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by Labakittie on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 11:24 am

    However, it gets psychologically unhealthy when we use this defense mechanism too much, to the point that it becomes noticeably consistent and extreme even when the truth is right in front of our very eyes. It gets disturbing when it becomes, as Labakittie puts it, an art form. In the case of sones, that is exactly what they're doing, especially those who lurk here in STAND.

    Yeah that is pretty much EXACTLY what I meant. :D I understand that we definitely all use denial at one point or another, but SNSD fangirls are famous for carrying it to mind-boggling extremes.


    It's quite understandable if they refuse to believe in a piece of anti-fan news coming from STAND or other anti-site at first. Of course, 'cause they're fans. But when they start stalking this site and gets bombarded with facts at every encounter but still refuse to admit to the truth, then that's downright unhealthy denial. Can you blame us then for coining the term "insone?"

    Yeah, I know if someone said that an idol I liked was guilty of questionable behavior, I wouldn't want to accept it either (lulz, even though I had to do so. XD). And yeah, it's interesting to see SNSD fangirls (some admittedly obsessively) crawling our site for the latest news despite bad-mouthing us and everything we say, even if it is a proven fact. O_O Yeah, kind of creepy and the nickname can make a lot of sense when describing some folks...


    Thanks for reading! :)
    avatar
    super_jessy
    Sexy Anti

    Female Number of posts : 731
    Age : 22
    Warning :
    1 / 101 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-05-20

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by super_jessy on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 11:47 am

    Our articles, opinions and comments are built largely on the facts. In my opinion, I think they are talentless, plastic, over targeted and their main purpose is for the ahjusshis and fanboys. But it's all true.
    1. The many times they've cracked while "singing", their failure at dancing, their stiff "acting", and soulless singing [they sing with no emotion].
    2. Everyone knows this, the many times they've had plastic surgery and the before/after photos. Yes, I know even my SuJu has had plastic surgery but it's not near the amount SNSD have had. For example Kyuhyun has had double eyelids done compared to Tiffany who has had numerous nose, eye...whatever done to that face of hers.
    3. 2nd comeback within 6 months? 6 shows with its main concept of SNSD within 2 years? It's not even a point of "it's because they're popular" or "because they're successful" it's because SM likes to milk it. You can say it's genius or good skills in making money, but I call it over marketing a group of 9 "girls" who [see point no. 1].
    4. You can't deny this one. Lee Soo Man said himself they are marketed at the ahjusshis. And it's kind of low. I know boy bands like Super Junior and DBSK are targeted at us fan girls but girl groups should have more dignity don't you think? Look at Wonder Girls and Kara, they don't need to show all that skin [JesSICKa's "Genie" photo] to be successful.
    avatar
    lavieheureuse
    Newbie

    Female Number of posts : 4
    Age : 24
    Location : in Yoochun's heart :P
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-05-30

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by lavieheureuse on Mon 29 Jun 2009, 5:30 am

    "Tiffany was raised in America, and that's how they act so it's not her fault!"
    i don't even think americans dare to mock other artists like tif*ckny did. she raised in america, but there are also american-raised artists like bekha (AS), stephanie (CSJH), jaebeom & taecyeon (2PM) and even park micky yoochun, did they ever mock their seniors like tif*ckny did? no! delusionality oh delusionality...
    avatar
    anti_9
    Official Anti

    Female Number of posts : 250
    Age : 24
    Location : Seoul
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-05-04

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by anti_9 on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 5:38 am

    lavieheureuse wrote:
    "Tiffany was raised in America, and that's how they act so it's not her fault!"
    i don't even think americans dare to mock other artists like tif*ckny did. she raised in america, but there are also american-raised artists like bekha (AS), stephanie (CSJH), jaebeom & taecyeon (2PM) and even park micky yoochun, did they ever mock their seniors like tif*ckny did? no! delusionality oh delusionality...

    Actually it's not a question of where you came from but it's a question of how you were brought about. if you came from America does that means that 'Americans loves disrespecting?' or 'Do Americans just blurt out things on-air and never apologize?' if that is the kind of attitude that makes her exempted from doing the stuffs a Korean must not do then that is just plain stupid.I never believe that CULTURE is an EXCUSE.

    Even if you were raised in America, lived in America and lived as a real American if you have manners, respect and you're brought up to be an educated person then how should people hate you?

    Tiffany and Jessica clearly are Koreans even though they were raised in the States. Why?--- They have a Korean Family name and their faces are Korean. They speak the Korean language and therefore, they must ACT like a Korean.

    THE LAW EXEMPTS NO ONE--- we all have heard of that right? So how can they not understand that one simple rule?

    Facts make Antis....

    ^Very true! How else will you become an anti if you don't know anything?
    I believe that SONES are very insecure to their ANTIS because we know their SNSD's every move. LOL! They keep insisting and telling other people that we make stuffs about SNSD and that's how "Jealousy" was brought about to be an anti's number one reason to hating SNSD. Clearly NO ONE SAID that we were JEALOUS. SONES made up that stupid lie so that people would just assume that WE ARE JEALOUS of them. How lame could they get???

    As always, good job on the article. you have always been great with words! Keep it up!

    BecauseI'mStupid
    Official Anti

    Number of posts : 229
    Location : in front of your house
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-05-29

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by BecauseI'mStupid on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:01 am

    I love this article!!!

    I love STANDers!!
    avatar
    SuJuNiNi
    Super Anti

    Female Number of posts : 405
    Age : 25
    Location : Spain
    Warning :
    1 / 101 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-01-30

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by SuJuNiNi on Fri 03 Jul 2009, 11:42 pm

    WOW! You're so right!
    avatar
    EW its SNSD Dx
    Official Anti

    Female Number of posts : 206
    Age : 27
    Location : California
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-06-25

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by EW its SNSD Dx on Sat 04 Jul 2009, 2:10 am

    "SNSD had massive plastic surgery." becomes "SNSD members are natural beauties! People are making that up!"

    UGH, i hate it when they say that.
    Of course, skinnier noses and double eyelids just comes out of nowhere.
    of course.
    -________-;;
    avatar
    POWitszROSIE
    Sexy Anti

    Female Number of posts : 683
    Age : 22
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2008-07-16

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by POWitszROSIE on Sun 05 Jul 2009, 7:04 am

    They're biased against SNSD so they probably just wrote the stuff that would make SNSD look bad and left out the positive stuff!
    well, there really isn't anything good about them so we can't.
    HEY ! S<3NE's are biased of SNSD and they never say anything bad about them even when they know there are A LOT of bad things about them.
    avatar
    alwaiis_u
    Official Anti

    Female Number of posts : 169
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2008-07-26

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by alwaiis_u on Thu 09 Jul 2009, 11:57 pm

    it doesn't matter what their excuse of for snsd. It seems funny rather than being believable.

    for ex
    with teayeon remarks on A.F, fattany & Yuna on recent incidents.
    then on teasu, and much more
    avatar
    Drology
    Anti

    Number of posts : 42
    Age : 23
    Location : Houston
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-06-29

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by Drology on Tue 14 Jul 2009, 2:08 pm

    [quote="lavieheureuse"]
    "Tiffany was raised in America, and that's how they act so it's not her fault!"

    I think this excuse is the most ridiculous I've ever heard, because I'm an American and I find her to be the most obnoxious member. The way she acts, to me, is unbelievably ridiculous. I don't know anyone who laughs at earthquakes the way she does.
    avatar
    lirujoong
    Super Anti

    Female Number of posts : 316
    Age : 24
    Location : Chi-Town, IL
    Warning :
    1 / 101 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-05-08

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by lirujoong on Tue 14 Jul 2009, 6:21 pm

    [quote="Drology"]
    lavieheureuse wrote:
    "Tiffany was raised in America, and that's how they act so it's not her fault!"

    I think this excuse is the most ridiculous I've ever heard, because I'm an American and I find her to be the most obnoxious member. The way she acts, to me, is unbelievably ridiculous. I don't know anyone who laughs at earthquakes the way she does.

    Same here, that excuse has no back-up to it! Actually it helps us in our favor b/c even though she lives in america, she was actually raised within a korean community. I don't know about her family, but I'm pretty sure every korean within that community did not lose their ethics by moving to the US. Just because she's american doesn't mean it affects her freakin' attitude.

    I honestly think of that as an insult to all of us Americans! We're not all ditzy, brainless, plastic, two-faced, lying, narcisstic b!tches like her. And what's funny is that those american sones believe in the same thing. Calling themselfs dissrespecting, self-absorbed, obnoxious asses.
    avatar
    soshihater
    Sexy Anti

    Female Number of posts : 795
    Age : 30
    Location : in Mangekyou Sharingan's world
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2008-07-13

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by soshihater on Tue 14 Jul 2009, 7:20 pm

    [quote="drology"]
    I think this excuse is the most ridiculous I've ever heard, because I'm an American and I find her to be the most obnoxious member. The way she acts, to me, is unbelievably ridiculous. I don't know anyone who laughs at earthquakes the way she does.
    this is why i hate the girls and even sones more.
    i believe every race, every country has its own standard of manner and morals.
    and by saying that what tiffany did was FORGIVABLE just because she was raised on the State is total idiotic and bashing to the people live there.

    it's like sones are saying:
    "well, tiffany was raised in a not-so-polite country and we believe it's a big shock to her when she came to a too-polite-country like Korea."

    scratch what i said before, sones are DISPRESPECTING two countries.
    they said KOREA is TOO MUCH for tiff.
    avatar
    Labakittie
    Super Anti

    Female Number of posts : 450
    Location : Elsewhere. ^^'
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-04-29

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by Labakittie on Wed 15 Jul 2009, 1:31 pm

    ^
    ^
    ^

    Yeah, it really gets under my skin when people assume that rudeness is A-okay in America, when actions or statements made by members would be considered as rude here as anywhere, IF NOT MORE SO. That whole bit where Tiffany giggled during the earthquake announcement? It may very well have been a career ender, and would have been played forever on the news and gossip shows. She would have been no doubt forced to issue a public apology and explain herself, and no doubt her reputation and the the reputation of her band would have been tarnished.

    Say what you want about Americans, there is some behavior that is just not tolerated, especially in so-called pop stars.
    avatar
    ai_sumairu
    Awesome Anti

    Female Number of posts : 1427
    Age : 25
    Location : In a peaceful and beautiful place
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2008-11-03

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by ai_sumairu on Fri 17 Jul 2009, 4:11 am

    Can't say anything else aside from the fact that I agree with what the article said and what everyone here replied. I suppose there are just those kinds of people in the world... too blind to see the truth and in too much denial to the point of obsessiveness in arguing about it. It just can't be helped.
    avatar
    hu9
    Official Anti

    Number of posts : 216
    Location : Anti Heaven
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-07-21

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by hu9 on Mon 27 Jul 2009, 4:40 pm

    Labakittie wrote:^
    ^
    ^

    Yeah, it really gets under my skin when people assume that rudeness is A-okay in America, when actions or statements made by members would be considered as rude here as anywhere, IF NOT MORE SO. That whole bit where Tiffany giggled during the earthquake announcement? It may very well have been a career ender, and would have been played forever on the news and gossip shows. She would have been no doubt forced to issue a public apology and explain herself, and no doubt her reputation and the the reputation of her band would have been tarnished.

    Say what you want about Americans, there is some behavior that is just not tolerated, especially in so-called pop stars.

    that is so true. just goes to show you how plastic SNSD is and also Korea. the fact that she didn't have to explain herself at all, since her fans think they're her spokesperson or something, just really shows how easy Korea is on them. So much for a "polite" and 'civilized" country.
    avatar
    Alex_Peterson
    Official Anti

    Female Number of posts : 114
    Age : 22
    Warning :
    1 / 101 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-06-02

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by Alex_Peterson on Sun 09 Aug 2009, 6:36 am

    [quote="Drology"]
    lavieheureuse wrote:
    "Tiffany was raised in America, and that's how they act so it's not her fault!"

    I think this excuse is the most ridiculous I've ever heard, because I'm an American and I find her to be the most obnoxious member. The way she acts, to me, is unbelievably ridiculous. I don't know anyone who laughs at earthquakes the way she does.

    plus!
    american people are not THAT rude!
    even the gangters!

    fei
    Newbie

    Number of posts : 2
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-06-19

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by fei on Mon 17 Aug 2009, 12:40 pm

    facts make antis!!
    They try to make antis bad instead of listen to antis and improve themselves.
    This is not what idol group should do.
    Because of this, more and more antis ,,,,
    avatar
    soshi?
    Super Anti

    Number of posts : 386
    Age : 23
    Warning :
    1 / 101 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-04-11

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by soshi? on Tue 18 Aug 2009, 7:05 am

    lol. ithink THEY ARE THE LIERS!
    avatar
    yoomi
    Super Anti

    Female Number of posts : 323
    Age : 27
    Location : Cassiopeia ♥
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2008-12-10

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by yoomi on Thu 20 Aug 2009, 12:00 pm

    hu9 wrote:that is so true. just goes to show you how plastic SNSD is and also Korea. the fact that she didn't have to explain herself at all, since her fans think they're her spokesperson or something, just really shows how easy Korea is on them. So much for a "polite" and 'civilized" country.

    The Korean entertainment industry is very much flawed, but still, Korea hasn't gone entirely easy on them, hence the countless antis.
    avatar
    Meuki
    Anti

    Female Number of posts : 40
    Age : 22
    Location : 꿈의 땅
    Warning :
    0 / 100 / 10

    Registration date : 2009-06-12

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by Meuki on Tue 01 Sep 2009, 5:16 am

    inSones always deny the fact that their "idols"
    are trash. >'<
    so what if tiffany was raised in america? does
    it mean that she got that kind of attitude in americans?
    not all americans are bad. >'<

    sorry to say this but im having a thoughts that
    snsd is really a disgrace to korea.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Anti-fan Truth vs. Fan Propaganda: Who Should You REALLY Question?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017, 11:24 pm